A resume is an important document summing up your experiences, accomplishments and skills. Before you begin writing, you need to know what you should do. If you want to know more information about resume and CV, read this page.
Difference of Resume and Curriculum Vitae
A resume can be about one or two page of papers summarizing your experience, education and skills. The resume must be concise and brief. The resume should not be more than two pages in length. On the other hand, the curriculum vitae are longer and give more details. The CV provides a summary of academic and educational backgrounds. It also includes about research experience, teaching, presentations, awards, affiliations, honors and others.
How to Write a Resume 2016: The Curriculum Vitae and Resume
If you are asking how to do a resume 2016, this page will help and guide you. It is essential that know what headings you will write in the resume and the curriculum vitae.
- Name and contact information: The contact details or information must be listed. You also need to write about the place of employment unless the job is too confidential.
- Areas of interest: Different fields, academic interests or expertise.
- Education: Give a detailed list of degrees you have earned at the institution or others. Keep in mind that you cannot write the titles of thesis or dissertation you had in this category.
- Grants, Awards and Honors: You can write about honors for previous work, grants received and awards.
- Presentations and publications: It can be about published manuscripts, abstracts, articles, books, presentations and technical papers.
- Employment and experience: List about laboratory, teaching experiences, leadership roles as well as other relevant experiences.
- Professional or scholarly memberships: Include any professional organizations.
- References: Persons who can recommend you.
Chronological resume: This type of resume is about writing your work experience in reverse chronological order.
- Expected by lots of employers
- Highlights record of your steady employment
- Easiest to prepare
- Highlights companies with good reputation
- Do not focus on much skills
- Emphasize on job hopping
- Emphasize on large gaps of work history
Functional Resume: In this latest resume format 2016, it allows you to write about your achievements and skills. This is good for persons who do not have much good work experience and have large gaps in their employment background.
- Emphasizes accomplishments and skills
- De-emphasize on job changes
- Focuses on what you can do instead of what you have done
- Not familiar to managers, there is something missing
- No opportunity to provide
- No clear work history
Combination resume: This type of resume is somewhat difficult to write because it is the combination of chronological and functional resume. It covers the employment history and skills like job dates and titles.
- Gives employers what to see such as skills, accomplishments and work history
- Gives employers with dates about work history
A little bit to prepare
What Writers Should not Know
The time you know about resume advice 2016, it is better to know more. When you finally know what format to use according to our resume examples 2016, the next thing is that how you construct it. You need to make sure that you use the perfect keywords or phrases in your resume. You also need to know what headings you will use and what is not.
Examples for Parts of Resume
- Heading: In this section, you need to write certain information, which includes complete name, permanent address, professional email address and website URL.
- Objective summary or statement: For example, to obtain a senior accountant manager position with ABS Company using knowledge of MS Office, ability, research and language skills.
- Education: This is one of the crucial parts of your resume. In this section, you need to write about your current college, date of expected graduation, and other schools you have attended and your degree or major. You can also include about your GPA or concentrations.
- Skills and qualifications: The skills should be marketable such as written or oral communication skills, fluent in written and spoken Spanish. Also, extensive international travel which includes Spain, Germany, Mexico and France.
- Experience: Includes name and the address of the organization, date of employment, position title and responsibilities.
- References: Name of the person, job title, place of employment, address, email addresses and contact number.
When you know about resume guidelines 2016, you need to start writing now. Time is important that is why you need to use it wisely, especially when you are having much a hard time getting started constructing your resume.
If you would want to set up a LinkedIn profile as well but don’t know how to, you might need a professional LinkedIn coach. Learn how to benefit here!